Sunday, August 28, 2011

Crazy, Stupid, Love

This afternoon Jason and I went to see Crazy, Stupid, Love starring Steve Carell, Julianne Moore, Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling. As if you weren’t already in love with Ryan Gossling from the Notebook, you’re bound to fall head over heels for him in this one. This is what I would consider my favorite kind of movie, a romantic comedy with real life occurrences that we can relate to. Since both Jason and I have been married before, this movie has some pain points we both have experienced. Most of which, were after we met.

Call it serendipity or just dumb luck, but there are so many scenes that made me laugh and cry on the inside at the exact same time. I won’t give away too much; this one is definitely worth seeing if you are a hopeless romantic like me.

So just like Cal, my husband drinks his “fruity, girly drinks” right from a straw. Half the time he doesn’t even lift the glass off the table which looks even worse than just drinking from the straw itself. Where can I find someone like Jacob to work his magic and break Jason of this horrible habit? I’ve been trying for almost seven years and my efforts have been fruitless.

Next up, we have the sneakers or tennis shoes as some of you like to call them. Yeah, I think Jason has the very same 407’s. I realize we’re getting older, but I never expected my husband would be wearing the same kind of comfortable walking shoes my sixty-two year old father wears. If only I could get him to spend more than $40.00 on a pair of Adidas or something more befitting someone our age. Again, where do I find me a Jacob?

Last, but not least, we have the scene with the Velcro wallet. Yup, Jason had one of those when we first met. I almost cringed the first time we went out and he whipped that bad boy out. Needless to say our very first Christmas together, I purchased Jason a nice leather “big boy” wallet. To this day, I think he still uses it.

 It took me a while, but he is no longer in charge of purchasing or picking out what clothes to wear. It’s just better this way. I pick out an entire week’s worth of clothes: pants, shirt and tie; he is only responsible for picking out his shoes and socks. Sometimes I like to throw him for a loop and give him a black shirt and tan pants, he always gets confused, brown or black belt/shoes. It’s pretty funny.

These crazy, stupid things are exactly why I love Jason the way I do. Some of it is quirky and cute and others are just down right annoying. Jason and I have a friendship or a familiarity of a twenty five year marriage, yet at the same time, we have the love and passion of a couple falling in love for the first time. We’ve been told often that we are too honest which is sometimes interpreted as being too harsh or just plain old mean.  I really don’t care what other people think; he’s my best friend, my soul mate.

“Let’s get outta here” until we meet again.


1 comment:

  1. You're a natural at this! I'll never look at Jason the same way again. Old man sneakers and velcro wallets. ;) Does he have a coupon keeper, too? Glad you enjoyed the movie. I'm hoping it's out on DVD before Xmas so Santa can get it for me.

    ReplyDelete