Monday, September 5, 2011

Is Summer over yet?

It’s Labor Day and the summer is unofficially over. YEAH! Fall is my favorite season. Why, well let’s see, there is cooler weather, football and Thanksgiving to name a few. I love wearing layers of comfy clothes and watching the leaves change colors. This year has just flown by and I am excited for all the events I have planned in the new few months.

First, Tammy and I planning an outlet shopping trip in two weeks. I know that may sound corny, but to have another female to shop with is super exciting. Jason hates shopping with me and getting stuck carrying all my bags. He hasn’t quite learned the art husbanding when it comes to shopping. He follows me around in circles and then bitches about it. Come on, go find a seat with all the other husbands and play poker on your phone until I’m done.

Next up in late September, Beverly and her friend Janelle are coming up to see Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat. I haven’t seen Beverly since I left Virginia Beach March of last year. It will be a short visit, but it will be fun catching up in person. Beverly and I have kept in touch through occasion phone calls, Facebook and she even encouraged me to start this blog. None of have seen Jason Mraz live before so we’re all super excited. Beverly said seeing him will scratch one of her “to dos” off her bucket list.

Then in October I have what I like to call my Blue October week. The week begins with Columbus Day then followed by an entire week off work. During that week Jason and I are planning a road trip with Millie to see his three kids in Ohio. Then it’s back home to rejuvenate and prepare for two Blue October concerts.  Yes, I said two. The first one I am going with Cindy (my sister) in Philly and the second in Maryland with Jason. Needless to say, I can hardly wait!

Wrapping up that week I have tickets to a Redskin vs. Eagles game at Fed Ex Field. This is going to be my very first Eagles game. I am little ashamed to admit that my first football game was at Jets Stadium years ago. My boyfriend at the time was huge, HUGE Houston Oiler fan. We got to see Warren Moon quarterback before moving on to the Vikings. I’ll never forget freezing my ass off after getting beer dumped on me by some dumbass drunk. I can’t wait to do it again…although I’m a little smarter now and I’m not sure I am going to wear the opposing team’s jersey.  

Fall winds down with my favorite holiday of the year, Thanksgiving. I love to cook and I make stuffing to die for. Literally. It’s high fat and butter content alone is enough to initiate a coronary embolism.  I don’t care about the turkey other than the fact that I actually stuff my bird with my delectable stuffing. It just doesn’t taste the same if it’s not cooked in the bird. Thanksgiving is the one day where I don’t care how many calories or how much butter is consumed. It’s all about comfort food shared with friends and family. Great, now I am craving stuffing. Thank god summer is unofficially over! Until we meet again.

2 comments:

  1. Give the hubby a break! Make the stores install comfy husband lounges with CNN and ESPN on the screens and WiFi access and you'll be able to shop as much as you want with a happy hubby! Oh yeah, and they should have beer on tap, or at least a few bottles in the fridge. Why stores haven't figured this out is beyond me. If there was such a place, men would be dragging their wives to go shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you need to add the Metro DC Cooking show in November to your packed calendar. We can get some pre-holiday recipes and freebies. :) I'll even spend the night so that we can torture Jason.

    ReplyDelete